Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pattern and Play Day

Jamie Fingal here.  I had a rare treat this weekend, having my friend, Leslie Tucker Jenison (fellow Sketchbook Challenge artist), visit for the weekend.  On the last day we had a few hours in the studio to make art for this month's theme. I started with this watercolor and sketch of a potential design as a pattern for my fabric line.  I thought it would be the perfect foundation for this project.  So, I added pattern pieces and Washi paper over my notes, adhered with Liquitex Matte Medium.

I actually enjoy the art of collage, layering paint, paper, textures, etc.  I added more Washi paper, and used my Industrial Fence 6x6 stencil designed by me for StencilGirl Products, and red acrylic paint.

I drew the small triangles around some of the edges, and circles around the red dots from the stencil


For the final changes, I stenciled in blue using the Zen Landscape 6x6 stencil designed by me for StencilGirl Products, and added more parts of pattern pieces .  "Pattern" by Jamie Fingal
I started with a black piece of watercolor paper, and added these two pieces with Liquitex Matte Medium.

One piece at a time, I added newspaper text, Washi paper, words, and the sewing themed papers.

In comes the  two stencils 'Retro Comets' 9x12 by StencilGirl Products in blue

I used an office supply store alphabet stencil for the black "play."  Then used the 'Urban Jungle' 9x12 stencil and a portion of 'Cup of Joe" 6x6 stencil by StencilGirl Products

I added a small tag with a dress on it, outlined the dresses on the pattern.  It's coming together, but haven't quite reached the 'wow' factor yet, but I am loving the many layers of papers, paint and drawing

Black paint was the ticket.  Now everything pops!  "Play" by Jamie Fingal

The paint desk in my studio that Leslie and I shared on Monday to make some really fun art.  Leslie's blog post is here, all about our day in my studio!

5 comments:

  1. Have to love when Jamie Fingal and Leslie Tucker Jenison play together! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing! Love seeing Janie Fingal and Leslie Tucker Jenison collaborate on art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to thank for creating this interesting blog and i got a good time to visit this blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we had a great time together! Please check back tomorrow when you will see the results of my project created during our art date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved just sitting in my studio and working together, using the same supplies, chatting and perhaps seeing how we influence each other in our art.

    ReplyDelete